Unfresh.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006
And we do it real big...



Currently listening to:
My Humps (Crunked Mix)
by The Black Eyed Peas









Hey! Now you can check out KCEN's broadcast! Right here! On Flat Soda! Hope you enjoy it...btw, I look quite fat, so squint a little when I come on the screen.


posted by DeAndre' @ 1:14 PM  
4 Put ya thang down flip it and reverse it:
  • At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First of all, by making fun of someone's grammar and then threatening people who might want to write something "mean" on your site by saying you can find out who they are is, in my opinion, completely disregarding the purpose of a blog site.

    Second, Its important to realize how important and how big of role stereotypes play are in our world today. Every social group (men, women, rich, poor, black, white, old, young, republican, democratic, university student, junior college student, etc...) has a primary stereotype. That is the way its been, the way it is, and the way it always will be. Recently, another fraternity had a "Cowboys and Indians" themed party. I'm sure girls tanning their skin, covering their private areas with leather, putting their hair in pigtails and sticking a feather in their hair would have ruffled a few Native American's feathers. This past weekend a sorority had a "punk" themed dance. Some of the male attendees dressed in all black, wore chains, and put make-up on their face. Why didn't people who don't dress "punk" but just like to listen to "punk" music make that dance become a National headline?

    I don't have to describe what kind stereotype African Americans have. If anybody is unsure of what it is then just change the channel to BET.

    Is it a fair stereotype? I don't think so.

    On that same note, the fraternity being accused of holding this offensive party is no different than the Greek organizations I mentioned above and many other organizations that regularly hold themed parties (many of which would probably offend one group or another). The only thing this fraternity is guilty of is hurting somebody(s) feelings and last time I checked, people usually do not get punished for that. The decision of the female who painted her skin for the party was a tasteless one, however, her decision should be held separate from the affairs of the fraternity. If you don’t believe that their apologies are sincere, then don’t believe them, go ahead and hold a grudge.

    I don't know what your intentions are by making sure this becomes a huge issue, but punishing people for observing and acting out stereotypes is absurd and will not solve anything. The only thing your accomplishing is hurting Baylor by bringing more negative media attention to the university that I, and so many others love and respect.

    Unfortunately, racism and incorrect racial group stereotyping is not filtered out by the 'Baylor Bubble', it occurs all around the country all the time.

    I do not have a solution for how to rid the world of racism but, then again, it is not looking like you do either.

    P.S. I couldn’t resist…

    (sic) “Tacky, yes. Racially insensitive and rude, yes. Something to get extremely angry about? No.”

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow, the last person who commented here doesn't get it. I won't sit here and bother to respond to that person cos it's pointless but I just wanna say I'm glad what you're doin man.

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I do agree with the fact that the "theme" of this part was distateful. However, I am troubled by the manner in which people like yourself have responded to it. All you and many others around Baylor have done is created a bandwagon for people to jump on. Racism is a problem all over, but the problem does not lie with the students, it lies with their parents and their education. The state of Texas is racist. They preach racism in the classrooms, and the President of the United States(a bonified Texan) is racist. Remember, he has implemented policies to discriminate against Arabs. As I am sure you know, racism is not directly solely at African Americans, it is an issue for every race in the world. This particular case, sadly used typical "African American" stereotypes that student have learned throught their parents, schools and throught television media. If I was one of the many students who attended this party I would be ashamed of myself for further contributing to these stereotypes that are often portrayed. At a Christian university we should expect more from people. Sadly, we are in Texas, and racism remains prevalent in the daily lives of every person here.

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anonymous, could you explain what you mean by saying they preach racism in the classrooms of Texas? I worked in Texas public schools, and that seems like an unfounded assertion to me.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Unfresh. is powered by Blogspot, isnaini and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.

 
 
If you are viewing this site in Internet Explorer, you are missing out! And it probably doesn't look very good! Get Firefox!!

Web Unfresh.
mystats


Name: DeAndre'
Home: Waco, Texas, United States
Who Am I?: This one time I decided that everything in my life would be in musical form. ANd everyone would automatically know the words and the choreography and sing on key. You see how well that turned out.
Read More! You know you want to!

Something I wrote a coupla days ago...
Some stuff I wrote a few months ago
Where do I go?
Affiliates
15n41n1

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogspot template


Opposite of Fresh.