Unfresh.

Monday, May 15, 2006
A chapter from the Novel that is my life

Currently listening to
Brighter Day
by Kirk Franklin







About 4 or 5 years ago, my family became the first in the neighborhood to get an automatic sprinkler system. The rest of the families still used garden hoses attatched to twirly thingies to give their grass much needed water during the year, and could be seen during the especially Texas hot summer months water by hand, with a hose.

After we got ours, as we would pass those who weren't as cool as us and had to water their grass by plug in sprinkler, or even worse, by hand,and my father would cackle and laugh at them, scoffing at their inability and have theirs set on a timer, and he would pull up to our house and look lovingly at the fresh crop of green blades.

After my brother and I went to college, m y father turned lawn duties over to a service, and they would come about every other weekend and take on all the maitenence duties, and my father rarely worries about those things now.

When I got home today, I he was in the middle of the lawn soaking wet, in overalls, trying to fix one of the sprinkler heads, which apparently took some bad X the night before, because it was werratically shooting into the sky, making an amazing fountain.

He eventually fixed it, but I couldnt help but think that there was probably some dad that drove by and cackled, thinking about how much easier and reliable it was to water the lawn by hand.

D. Urban
posted by DeAndre' @ 7:17 PM  
0 Put ya thang down flip it and reverse it:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Unfresh. is powered by Blogspot, isnaini and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.

 
 
If you are viewing this site in Internet Explorer, you are missing out! And it probably doesn't look very good! Get Firefox!!

Web Unfresh.
mystats


Name: DeAndre'
Home: Waco, Texas, United States
Who Am I?: This one time I decided that everything in my life would be in musical form. ANd everyone would automatically know the words and the choreography and sing on key. You see how well that turned out.
Read More! You know you want to!

Something I wrote a coupla days ago...
Some stuff I wrote a few months ago
Where do I go?
Affiliates
15n41n1

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogspot template


Opposite of Fresh.