Unfresh.

Thursday, September 08, 2005
Gently With A Chainsaw


So just about four weeks after school started, I finally got my Baylor Line jersey. Whoop-de-doo. I only had to wait four weeks, instead of having it on the first day like everyone else. But I digress. At least I don't look like this guy.

Anywho, last night, CG was the place to be! I was literally there, like, twice. within a two hour span.

I'm going home next weekend! Woot. Its a surprise and only my papa knows about it so it should be shockingly fun.

In other news, Desperate Housewives will return from Hiatues sometime soon, I really don't know as I have NO TV. Like, there could be aliens attacking all of Texas and I wouldn't know about it, except for the Lariat, which I always seem to get like three days late. Now whatup wit dat, yo?

The new Kanye West album came out recently...I used to really like Kanye West until I heard he was a real jerk, then I saw him being a real jerk at the Billboard Awards when he denounced everyone else because he didn't win an award. Talk about bad attitude. Then he makes random comments at a benefit hosted by NBC, on live television... (excerpt from the Washington Post website)

"West and Mike Myers had been paired up to appear about halfway through the show. Their assignment: Take turns reading a script describing the breach in the levees around New Orleans.

Myers: The landscape of the city has changed dramatically, tragically and perhaps irreversibly. There is now over 25 feet of water where there was once city streets and thriving neighborhoods.

(Myers throws to West, who looked extremely nervous in his super-preppy designer rugby shirt and white pants, which is not like the arrogant West and which, in retrospect, should have been a tip-off.)

West: I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family, it says, "They're looting." You see a white family, it says, "They're looking for food." And, you know, it's been five days [waiting for federal help] because most of the people are black. And even for me to complain about it, I would be a hypocrite because I've tried to turn away from the TV because it's too hard to watch. I've even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I'm calling my business manager right now to see what is the biggest amount I can give, and just to imagine if I was down there, and those are my people down there. So anybody out there that wants to do anything that we can help -- with the way America is set up to help the poor, the black people, the less well-off, as slow as possible. I mean, the Red Cross is doing everything they can. We already realize a lot of people that could help are at war right now, fighting another way -- and they've given them permission to go down and shoot us!

(West throws back to Myers, who is looking like a guy who stopped on the tarmac to tie his shoe and got hit in the back with the 8:30 to La Guardia.)

Myers: And subtle, but in many ways even more profoundly devastating, is the lasting damage to the survivors' will to rebuild and remain in the area. The destruction of the spirit of the people of southern Louisiana and Mississippi may end up being the most tragic loss of all.

(And, because Myers is apparently as dumb as his Alfalfa hair, he throws it back to West.)

West: George Bush doesn't care about black people!

(Back to Myers, now looking like the 8:30 to La Guardia turned around and caught him square between the eyes.)

Myers: Please call . . .

At which point someone at NBC News finally regained control of the joystick and cut over to Chris Tucker, who started right in with more scripted blah, blah, blah."


SO what do I think? I know you're asking me because you value my honest and witty opinion. Yeah, thats right. I know you do.

But the bottom line is, George Bush really doesn't care about black people and (lumped into that) less fortunate. I mean, really, he spends half of his life on a ranch. Now, when I say Bush, yes, I mean both of them. That's right. I went there. Both of them were too preoccupied with themselves (except senior was a bit smarter than old junior and yes I know they are not really junior and senior but yes it is more fun to make fun of them that way thank you very much).

Tbe weirdest thing to me, even before I came to Baylor, when people would be like, Go Bush! Yeah! He ROCKS! And I would say, well I don't really agree with that viewpoint, and I really think America would have been better off without him, I get this recoil of horror from the other person...OMG! You're not...REPUBLICAN!?!?!?! And I answer with, yes, as are 87 1/2% of all other African-Americans (saw that percentage on CNN last year). And from this, I get another look of horror and disbelief, with the person being shocked that there was a facet of black America that he knew nothing about.

On another note, my Intro to Mass Comm teacher, Dr Korpi, said the eff word a total of four times today. That makes for very interesting class.

Hehe, we were discussing the way some things pull on us and that shapes our perception of the world. The eff word may not be inordinately bad around some people, but we its used in a situation with, say, your grandparents, then it becomes, well, bad. The lecture was illustrated with clips from "Mean Girls" and "Heathers", and this popular girl goes, "Geez Veronica, *BLEEP* me gently with a chainsaw." Heehee, cursing!(and yes I took time out of my life to add text onto that picture right there. Don't judge me.)
posted by DeAndre' @ 4:06 PM  
0 Put ya thang down flip it and reverse it:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Unfresh. is powered by Blogspot, isnaini and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.

 
 
If you are viewing this site in Internet Explorer, you are missing out! And it probably doesn't look very good! Get Firefox!!

Web Unfresh.
mystats


Name: DeAndre'
Home: Waco, Texas, United States
Who Am I?: This one time I decided that everything in my life would be in musical form. ANd everyone would automatically know the words and the choreography and sing on key. You see how well that turned out.
Read More! You know you want to!

Something I wrote a coupla days ago...
Some stuff I wrote a few months ago
Where do I go?
Affiliates
15n41n1

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogspot template


Opposite of Fresh.