Unfresh.

Saturday, September 10, 2005
Me and my Caffeine Addiction
So yesterday after After Dark, which featured my good friend Stephen VeryAmish tickling the ivories, we all went to Chili 2 @ BU which, as we all know is connected to an adjacent Starbucks. All things said, I paid for my beverage and completely lost my ID card. I didn't realize this until I got to my dorm and opened up my wallet, and a ll I saw was my Woodforest National Bannk card. Seeing as though I always put my ID card in front of my Debit card (seeing as though I very rarely have money and will not pay the outrageous fees in order to access the ATMs on campus), I went into a panic. I "tailgated" into the residence hall behind a RWG and slid up the elevator, and luckily my roomates where in my room to help me get in. I got online and got to the dining hall webpage and called Chili's asking if they had my card. Then I called Starbucks to see if they had it, and while I was on the phone with Starbucks, my wallet fell and everything fell out. Including my ID card. Meanwhile on the phone, the lady was telling my that she would mail me the card if she found it. I told her thanks and hung up.

Anywhoo, you didn't think that this entire post would be about me losing my ID card did you?

Starbucks has an entire new line of cups, called "The Way I See It", which feature cups which have quotes from authors. The general controversy at Baylpr is about the cfup that features this quote:

"My only regret about being gay is that I repressed it for so long. I surrendered my youth to the people I feared when I could have been out there loving someone. Don't make that mistake yourself. Life's too damn short." -Armistead Maupin

So, we being typical Baylor, pull 500 or so cups because of a random quote. Instead of focusing on the Hurricane, or basketball players killing basketball players, Baylor's rampant whiteness, or even the fact that I almost get hit by a car EVERY SINGLE DAY on the way to class, we chose to focus on a random saying by a man who writes novels about gay life in San Fransisco. But wait - Baylor features BOTH of his books in our library. It would be different if the cup said "BE GAY! LIKE MEN! ENJOY IT! IT IS SO AWESOME I SWEAR YOU'LL LOVE IT!" But they didn't even care about this quote (which they shouldn't because its true)


"Today our schools are just as segregated as they were in 1969, the year after Martin Luther King died. Race is the biggest challenge we face and we have proven unequal to facing it." - Julian Bond
So they keep this one and don't even ackowledge it. Oh, Baylor...how many issues you have.
posted by DeAndre' @ 1:26 PM  
0 Put ya thang down flip it and reverse it:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Unfresh. is powered by Blogspot, isnaini and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.

 
 
If you are viewing this site in Internet Explorer, you are missing out! And it probably doesn't look very good! Get Firefox!!

Web Unfresh.
mystats


Name: DeAndre'
Home: Waco, Texas, United States
Who Am I?: This one time I decided that everything in my life would be in musical form. ANd everyone would automatically know the words and the choreography and sing on key. You see how well that turned out.
Read More! You know you want to!

Something I wrote a coupla days ago...
Some stuff I wrote a few months ago
Where do I go?
Affiliates
15n41n1

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogspot template


Opposite of Fresh.